Code of Conduct (DISCIPLINE)
It is our goal in working with students to provide opportunities for them to take responsibility for their own behavior. Parents will be informed if a student is called to the office depending on the seriousness of the incident. The following types of behavior are considered serious offenses and may cause the child to be issued a warning, go on detention, or be expelled judging by the severity of the case.
- ACADEMIC DISHONESTY (CHEATING). Cheating may be in the form of copying someone else's homework, plagiarizing (copying without paraphrasing or citing) published materials, copying answers during an examination, and other related actions. Any student who knowingly allows another student to cheat by giving his answers, test information, or their own work to copy will receive the same consequence as the students who cheated. Academic dishonesty will be recorded in the students file and automatically disqualify a student from receiving an academic letter or other academic commendations.
- VANDALISM TO PROPERTY OF OTHER STUDENTS OR SCHOOL. Defacing or destroying property is a punishable offence. The student is expected to compensate for any damage he causes.
- BRINGING ANY DANGEROUS ITEMS TO SCHOOL.
- FIGHTING. Mutual combat is when both parties have contributed to conflict either by verbal or physical action.
- BULLYING. Harming a fellow student; damaging property; creating fear in a fellow student; or behaving in a hostile manner is considered to be "bullying" and is unacceptable at Al-Anjal. Repeated incidence of bullying might lead to suspension.
- DISRESPECTFUL CONDUCT OR SPEECH INCLUDING PROFANITY.Disrespectful verbal, written or symbolic language or gesture which is inappropriate in public settings and directed at a staff member or another student. Repeated incidence of inappropriate communication will lead to detention and then suspension.
- DISRUPTION BY STUDENTS OR OTHERS.
A student is strictly prohibited from disrupting any classes or school activities. Such conduct is subject to disciplinary action.
REWARD OF GOOD BEHAVIOR
Every student who shows good conduct and good personal attributes will be rewarded by a letter sent to his parents, and his behavior will be acknowledged and praised by the administration.
Grades for behavior:
100 degrees per semester and added up to get the average at the end of the second semester. The grade is part of the student's total score at the end of the academic year.
Evaluation of behavior: The student’s behavior is continuously evaluated by the class mentor teacher, student advisor and academic leadership and the grade is awarded based on commitment, punctuality and proper behavior.
|Violation||Procedures taken against the behaviorally undisciplined students||
First degree violations:
|Violations of the second degree:
|Third degree Violations:
Fourth degree Violations:
|Fifth degree Violations:
Offending in the first semester have the opportunity to study at a school other than his former school in the year that followed after the approval of the Director of Education. In the case of the student offense in the second quarter, the student has to be dismissed the rest of the class and deprived of study in the next year. He has the opportunity to study at a school other than his former school after the approval of the Director of Education.
Student Class Attendance
- There is a distinct and direct correlation between promptattendance and the abilities of a pupil to excel in school.
- Students who regularly attend lessons are kept up to date and informed of all course material.
- As our pupils will soon discover in the real world that attendance is not only vital in school but is necessary at work. We try to mould our students to become mature and responsible adults who understand the importance of attending all obligations in their lives.
- We stress that any problems in attendance are not only handled by our staff, but also by the parents of the students. It is important for the guardians to realize the necessity of good attendance in school.
- Attendance of pupils at our institution is continuously and closely monitored. Students are expected to attend all classes they have registered for.
Disciplinary action concerning poor attendance
- Upon absences surpassing the school rules, disciplinary actionis taken. Firstly, a phone call from the administration to the guardian of the student is made to notify the parents of the attendance violation.
- If constant absences persist, and then the administration will hold a parent - teacher conference to discuss the offense.
- Finally, suspension or expulsion is considered based on the severity of absences.
General rules on the school (taking into account the chronological age in the application of sanctions):
- If you cannot perform an action for lack of compatibility with the offending behavior , move to the next procedure
- Take a gradual approach in the implementation of sanctions under the Regulations and the school has the right to skip
- The school has the right to double the degree of positive behavior or irregularities behavioral emergency
- The school will notify the guardian the parent of his son’s if the discount was 10 degrees or its doubling
- Procedures for sanctions when the offense is repeated does not if the degree of acquired behavior improved
- If there is a positive behavior of the student, the school estimates the grade
- Lack of involvement of the student counselor when executing sanction
100 grades is assigned to attendance and calculated as average of two semesters.
Sanctions of the violations of attendance and degrees of decisiveness:
- Taking off one mark for each day of the repeated absence without an acceptable excuse during the semester
- Cutting two marks for each day of absence without an acceptable excuse in the week preceding the holiday or that follows
- Cutting two marks for each day of absence without an acceptable excuse in the week before the tests
- Cutting half a degree of delay of the morning assembly .The cut is executed after the third time without an acceptable excuse
- Cutting quarter of the degree of delay of the share and starts the discount if he is comes late to the class. This is to be executed after the second time
General rules in attendance:
Tardiness or absence
- The school administration writes a letter to the parent if the student could not be contacted at the address agreed on when registering his son or if the student didn’t bring documents to justify his absence .A copy of the letter is kept in the student’s file
- The student is transferred to the student counselor to study his condition in case of repeated delay or absence for five days continuously or at intervals
- If the student reached absence rate of 25% in the days to be attended during the year without an acceptable excuse, the school will call the guardian to show him the actions that will be applied against his son. the student and parent or guardian have to write pledge of commitment and attendance at school
- If the student's absence amounted to 25% or more of the days due to attend, whether continuously or at intervals through the year without an acceptable excuse, the school issues a decision.
- Depriving the student from attending to the test of the semester. This is to be done after the approval of director of education.
Practices that should be avoided in the implementation of attendance sanctions:
- Body punishment in all its forms and kinds
- Reduce subject degrees or use it as a threat tool depriving the student from having breakfast on time
- Students have to copy the homework several times
- Provoking the student to do false behavior or absence from school
- Laughing at the student
- Group punishment due to a violation committed by one student.